The Most Popular Foods in These Major Cities Aren’t What You Think
Parisians love crepes, right? And Germans eat tons of schnitzel and Italians won’t venture away from their pasta?
Wrong, according to new data from foodora, a company delivering meals from the most popular restaurants in over 30 cities globally. Tastes everywhere are more diverse than what you might think. Here are some takeaways from their data:
1. American food is big in Paris. You might not expect it, but Parisians are really into American food of all types, whether that means burgers, eggs benedict or chili cheese fries.
2. Germans love Asian food. Korean, vietnamese, sushi, it doesn’t matter. Germans are also big on Italian and burgers, but Asian cuisines of all types are the overall champions in the land of Schnitzel, Wurst, and Weissbier.
3. Some stereotypes are true. People in Amsterdam and in Sydney really do eat healthy, apparently (in both cities, vegetable dishes were foodora’s most-ordered). The most popular foods in Lyon and Turin were, respectively, French food and pizza, proving that some French people and Italians really do eat their national cuisines a whole lot.
4. The burger is king. The burger is by far foodora’s most ordered food worldwide, being the big winner in cities from Oslo to Milan to Munich. It’s a quick tasty meal that is highly customizable, so why shouldn’t it be popular everywhere?
5. We all have food in common. No longer are nations defined by one national cuisine. Instead, it seems people everywhere love eating food from all over the world. It’s no surprise that as cities grow in diversity, their tastes in food should diversify as well.
When’s the last time you tried a new food? Why not diversify your tastebuds today?
foodora was launched in Germany in October 2014, backed by Rocket Internet in April 2015 and merged with Delivery Hero in September 2015. The on-demand delivery service currently connects high-quality restaurants and foodies in over 10 countries and is changing the way food delivery is viewed and experienced globally.
How does foodora work
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their postal code and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place the order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora's secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora logistics team and delivered to their doorstep in around 30 minutes.
Download PDFDownload PDF
foodora is dedicated to bringing food lovers around the world their favorite meals from curated local restaurants. Since its creation, the on-demand food delivery service has grown to more than 9,000 partner restaurants in more than 65 cities across 10 countries globally. foodora is active in Austria, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden in Europe, as well as Australia and Canada. It belongs to Delivery Hero, worldwide leader of the food delivery industry. For more information visit www.foodora.com
How it works:
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their area and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place an order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora’s secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora rider and delivered straight to their doorstep in around 30 minutes. You could also pick your order up from your favorite restaurant on your way with our pick-up feature, the choice is yours!