5 reasons why food companies should create (good) content
Berlin, March 18th, 2016 — There is no denying, food delivery is having its moment. It is one of the most talked about markets right now (valued at €70 billion), on the streets and in the press. At foodora we recognised the necessity in producing content that would set us apart from the rest.
Cue the foodoracle, a series that showcases the stories behind your food presented through the power of film. For 11 weeks we bring you the story of an exceptional restaurant. 11 people in 11 cities around the world, each with very different backgrounds.
The recently released series, produced in partnership with ellevant gives foodies a look beyond the pass and into the kitchen of some of Europe’s most intriguing restaurants. With our service currently available in over 10 countries, it was our aim to deliver content that could not only reach but excite a global audience.
From a taco truck in Stockholm to an organic heaven in Paris, the characters featured are what brings the series to life. Through this experience, we have pinpointed 5 reasons food delivery companies just like ours, should be creating (good content):
1. Food, food, food: With the likes of Chef's Table and Cooked popular mainstays on Netflix, food has never been more interesting. How we make it, where it comes from, trends, fads, and myths. People like talking about food, so why not tap into that?
2. It’s a war out there. The term ‘brand awareness’ is thrown around all too often, however when competition is fierce, there is some relevance to it. Content designed for brand awareness purpose helps to build businesses and grow to top of mind in the marketplace.
3. You need to reach multiple markets with multiple languages. Content should be able to transcend borders (both geographical and linguistic). How better to do that through the universal language of ‘yum’. The content is global in nature, featuring many of our markets and uses visual storytelling to get its message across.
4. Bring your USPs to life. Our unique selling propositions are what set us apart. We use them in taglines, on our websites and in marketing materials. But what do they actually mean in practice? By demonstrating them through content, they are more relatable. Behind every meal ordered online, there are people.
5. Allows you to utilise your channels. Creating content is only half the story. The other half is distributing it via communication channels and encouraging your followers to share. Through sharing the content via good ol’ email, social media, SEO, PR and engaging influencers to give you access to a wider audience.
The foodoracle series, features 11 episodes in: Milan, Hamburg, Stockholm, Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Berlin, Helsinki, Lyon, Toronto, Munich. Watch it here.
foodora was launched in Germany in October 2014, backed by Rocket Internet in April 2015 and merged with Delivery Hero in September 2015. The on-demand delivery service currently connects high-quality restaurants and foodies in over 10 countries and is changing the way food delivery is viewed and experienced globally.
How does foodora work
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their postal code and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place the order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora's secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora logistics team and delivered to their doorstep in around 30 minutes.
Download PDFDownload PDF
foodora is dedicated to bringing food lovers around the world their favorite meals from curated local restaurants. Since its creation, the on-demand food delivery service has grown to more than 9,000 partner restaurants in more than 65 cities across 10 countries globally. foodora is active in Austria, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden in Europe, as well as Australia and Canada. It belongs to Delivery Hero, worldwide leader of the food delivery industry. For more information visit www.foodora.com
How it works:
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their area and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place an order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora’s secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora rider and delivered straight to their doorstep in around 30 minutes. You could also pick your order up from your favorite restaurant on your way with our pick-up feature, the choice is yours!