Your guide to not hating Valentine’s Day
This year, choose to stay in.
Berlin, February 9th, 2016
- You can have privacy. We know it’s a tradition to eat surrounded by noisy couples who listen in on your conversation in their quieter moments. That said, we think that eating a restaurant meal in the comfort of your home, without distractions or long wait times, might be a better tradition.
- You don’t need a reservation. It’s basically impossible to get a reservation at an actually nice, quiet place for Valentine’s Day. And if you don’t get a reservation at one of those places, well, prepare to see your date’s face go from contented to very annoyed.
- It’s far too hot or cold out! Whether you are in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere the elements are harsh. There is nothing sexy about shivering or sweating through dinner.
- You can customize the ambiance. Want to lie on the couch and feed each other? Go for it. Want to turn the lights low and have an elegant dinner in your dining room? That’s possible, too. You get to choose the flowers, or have none. All the decisions about this V-Day are yours to make.
- The bed is nearby. We think that many a good V-Day date should end in bed, but by the time you’ve waited (and paid) for an Uber home from a restaurant, all the romance may have evaporated, especially as wine-drowsiness sets in. Capture the passion of the evening by dining near (or even in) your bed.
- You don’t have to cook. You can have great food delivered from restaurants you would have paid — and suffered — to eat at delivered right to your doorstep, fast and piping-hot. No need to cook and clean, and more time to focus on the romantic evening you and your loved one deserve.
foodora was launched in Germany in October 2014, backed by Rocket Internet in April 2015 and merged with Delivery Hero in September 2015. The on-demand delivery service currently connects high-quality restaurants and foodies in over 10 countries and is changing the way food delivery is viewed and experienced globally.
How does foodora work
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their postal code and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place the order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora's secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora logistics team and delivered to their doorstep in around 30 minutes.
Download PDFDownload PDF
foodora is dedicated to bringing food lovers around the world their favorite meals from curated local restaurants. Since its creation, the on-demand food delivery service has grown to more than 9,000 partner restaurants in more than 65 cities across 10 countries globally. foodora is active in Austria, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden in Europe, as well as Australia and Canada. It belongs to Delivery Hero, worldwide leader of the food delivery industry. For more information visit www.foodora.com
How it works:
Through the foodora website or via the new iOS and Android apps, customers can enter their area and view a curated list of restaurants serving their neighborhood. Once they have found their meal of choice, they can place an order in the comfort of their home or office, paying online through foodora’s secure platform. The order is then carefully prepared by the restaurant, picked up by the foodora rider and delivered straight to their doorstep in around 30 minutes. You could also pick your order up from your favorite restaurant on your way with our pick-up feature, the choice is yours!